For many parents the covid-19 pandemic brought a new stress to their lives, which was homeschooling, but to a lucky few, homeschooling actually made them change their minds about whether their children should ever return to school again. If you have decided that homeschooling is for you, here are some tips for starting.
- If your child already goes to school, inform them of your decision.
- Find a homeschooling community in your area to meet other homeschooling families for advice and for a community. Many people argue that homeschooling is bad for children’s social skills, but if you are proactive about finding regular group activities that give your children the opportunity to meet new people of different ages, they will actually have better social abilities, some studies argue.
- Do some research into different homeschooling curriculums and find which one you think will suit your child best.
- Create a routine and timetable with your child, and get all of the resources you need such as books, but also the internet will come in handy. If you are not strong in some subjects and can do with help, your child could have private classes. Make sure you have a good wi-fi plan so you don’t have any problems with internet connection. If you are in Ireland, visit Vodafone Store Ireland at https://kingcommunications.ie.
- Lastly, learn with your child. The best thing about homeschooling is that you can tailor the learning experience to your child’s unique needs and interests. You can discover new things with your child, take them on educational trips, and work with their natural curiosity.